Nearly every home contains a kitchen table where friends and family gather around for meals and conversation. Instead of flowers, knick-knacks, or vases, or (in my case) owls, why not create a table centerpiece that displays a powerful word like “HOPE”, as seen in this DIY project?
We read in Colossians 1:4-5 that the hope we received when we heard of the Good News of Jesus, generates both faith and love for all of God’s people. This one verse holds the potential for several amazing questions such as, “Hope in what?” or “What good news?”, or even, “Who is Jesus and who are God’s people?”
How to make your own table centerpiece:
(All materials purchased from Hobby Lobby. Expected cost: $10-$25)
- Wooden panel ($2.99-$4.99)
- Wooden blocks ($2.99)
- Wooden letters ($1.49/each)
- Scrapping paper/décor for letters ($0.44-$5.99)
- Wood stain ($2.99—found on acrylic paint isle)
- Adhesive spray ($2.99-$7.99)
- Hot Glue, foam paint brushes
Step by Step:
- Spread wood staining paint over wooden surfaces with foam brush in smooth, even strokes.
- While wet, wipe down with rag or towel. Repeat until desired stain is accomplished.
- Next, decorate wooden letters with desired items using adhesive spray and glue. (Read instructions on adhesive spray can for proper use.)
- After each letter is completely decorated, attach letter to wooden block with glue.
- Once dried, glue bottom of block to wooden stand. Press until dried and letter stands by self.